Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Lovely Sewing Tools

Here are my progress pics for this beautiful sampler designed by Marie Suarez.

It is/was released in 6 parts commencing in issue 66 (Aug 2011) then continuing in issues 67, 68, 70 and 71.  The 6th and final part will be in the final magazine issue 72.

I'm stitching on 40count Newcastle linen using the DMC conversion plus 1 hand dyed thread for the dark red.  I'm varying between one and two strands of DMC depending on the effect I want.  The sampler is mostly stitched over 2 with some over 1 for the fine details in some motifs.

I'm planning on using petite beads for the flower centres and the border.  The design also calls for some tiny buttons and charms which I will add when the stitching is complete.



Spot the difference using the camera rather than the scanner!


I'll post more pics as I progress. 
To see more of my stitching and join in with my Easter Treasure Hunt pop along to Serendipitous Stitching

8 comments:

Gillie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gillie said...

Can't spell! Gorgeous, Jo, I really need to find mine and get on with it!

lynda said...

This is so pretty!

Kirsten Edwards said...

Great progress, last part coming soon!

DUSTY said...

That looks great so far !!

Denise SA said...

This is inspiration to find mine I wonder which bag it is in

Usefularts said...

Beautiful, it's near the top of my to-do list! Happy you shared your pics!

Carol said...

This is one I've been wanting to do... you have done a lovely job of it!