Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Lovely Sewing Tools

Here is the progress I made on My Lovely Sewing Tools over the IHSW:

Before


After

This piece is stitched on 40count Newcastle linen using the DMC conversion except for the variegated red which is an unknown thread I had in my stash!  It's not stranded and it is thicker than two strands of DMC so I have to be careful where I use it.  Anything surrounded by other stitches (eg the "S") is stitched using the plain DMC red.

The other change I've made is to satin stitch all the little cotton reels.  I also want to make all the little pins into pearl headed pins using beads.  I'll add the beads and charms at the end.

The final part is due out 1st May.



10 comments:

Gillie said...

Oh, Jo, really nice. I do agree about the reels, I changed an LHN piece too - they seem to cry out for satin stitch! Sad day coming up on the 1st :(

Julie said...

This is looking so pretty Jo. I agree about the reels, it does make a difference.

Patty C. said...

Great progress ;)

milly said...

Hello

Just founf your blog.

Your WIP is looking lovely - I like the idea of the pearl headed pins!

Nicola said...

I am looking forward to following your blog. I love the changes you have made to "Sewing Tools" and your proposed use of beads.

Shaunterria Owens said...

The satin stitches and the beads are brilliant ideas - this piece is coming together beautifully :)

DUSTY said...

great progress. the beads and satin stitches are a nice touch. I do love TGOSM -- too bad it is no more.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a pretty piece!

Meari said...

That's a really pretty piece!

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous, lovely stitching.